Fourth Mystery: The seal of Divine Oneness is shown within the stamp of Divine Mercy.
In the face of the manifestation of divine unity within boundless multiplicity, declaring: “You alone do we worship” is not sufficient for everyone; the mind wanders. One’s heart would have to be as broad as the globe to observe the Single One behind the unity in the totality of beings, and to say: “You alone do we worship, and from You alone do we seek help.”1 In consequence, so that the seal of divine oneness should be apparent on all species and realms of beings just as it is shown clearly on individual objects, and that they should call to mind the Single One, it is shown within the stamp of divine mercy. Thus everyone at every level may turn to the Most Pure and Holy One, and saying: “You alone do we worship, and from You alone do we seek help,” address Him directly.
It is in order to express this mighty mystery and clearly point out the seal of divine oneness that the All-Wise Qur’an suddenly mentions the smallest sphere and most particular matter when describing the vastest sphere of the universe, for example, the creation of the heavens and the earth. That is, so that the mind does not wander, nor the heart drown, and the spirit may find its True Object of Worship directly, while mentioning the creation of the heavens and earth it opens a discussion of man’s creation and voice, and the subtle details of the bounties and wisdom in his features, for example. This truth is demonstrated in miraculous fashion by the verse,
“And among His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and in your colours.”2
Within innumerable creatures and infinite multiplicity, there are stamps of unity like concentric circles of many sorts and degrees from the greatest stamp to the smallest. But however clear the unity is, it is still unity within multiplicity; it does not truly address observers. It is because of this that there has to be the stamp of divine oneness behind unity, that unity does not call to mind multiplicity, and before the Most Pure and Holy One a way may be opened up to the heart directly.
Furthermore, a truly captivating design, shining light, agreeable sweetness, pleasing beauty, and powerful truth – which is the stamp of divine mercy and seal of divine compassion – has been placed on the stamp of divine oneness in order to direct gazes towards it and attract hearts. Yes, it is the strength of that mercy that attracts the gazes of conscious beings, draws them to it, and causes them to reach the seal of oneness and to observe the Single One, and from that to truly manifest the address of “You alone do we worship, and from You alone do we seek help.”
It is because “In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate” is the index of Sura al-Fatiha and a concise summary of the Qur’an that it is the sign and interpreter of this mighty mystery. The person who clasps it may travel through the levels of divine mercy. And the person who causes this interpreter to speak may learn about the mysteries of divine mercy and behold the lights of divine compassion and pity.
1. Qur’an, 1:5.
2. Qur’an, 30:22.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- The Second Station of the Fourteenth Flash On six of the thousands of mysteries of Basmala (In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate)
- Second Mystery: It explains the manifestation of Divine Oneness within Divine Unity.
- Third Mystery: What makes this universe rejoice is Divine Mercy.
- The First Word: The meaning and importance of Basmala (In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate). Basmala from the tongues of various creatures. What does man gain when he mentions the name of Allah and acts in His name?
- First Mystery: There are three stamps of dominicality on the face of the universe, the face of the earth, and the face of man.
- Second Station: It is a summary about the proof of oneness from the point of the Greatest Name.
- First Flash: The differences between the true and superficial oneness in knowing that Allah is one.
- Sixth Flash: Stamps and indications related to the hereafter that show the existence, oneness and power of Allah in the season of spring.
- Ninth Flash: The indication for the existence and oneness of Allah in the similarity and ease of the creation of species.
- The Thirty-Third Word: It explains that there is a window opening to Almighty Allah in everything with thirty-three examples.