Can Allah (SWT) be compared with the creatures He has created?
One of the most important issues that mislead man is that man compares and confuses the attributes and qualities, which belong to the Creator with those of the created. Allahs existence comes from Him and He has no beginning and end. Just as creatures are definitely in need of a creator in order to exist, so they also have beginnings and ends. Allah (SWT) is at utmost perfection with all of His attributes. He (SWT) is free of impotence and neediness and is not bound to time and space.
As for creatures, they need nourishment in order to sustain their lives and need time and space to act. This is a scientific reality that comparisons and evaluations are made among the same sorts. Whereas it is something that is even known by a primary school child that two apples and three pears cannot be added, how is it that the one whose existence is necessary and the one whose existence and absence are equal, the one who is creator and the one who is created, the one who is limited and the one who is limitless can be compared?
- Some circles put a question saying, Can God create an object greater than Himself. How are we supposed to respond to this question?
- Allah (SWT) has created all creatures. Then who created Allah (SWT)?
- How can we understand that the attributes of Allah (SWT) cover everything?
- What had God (SWT) been doing before He created the universe?
- Where is God?
- Now that Allah Almighty has created this universe to make Himself known, so if there were not any kind of diseases and calamities in this worldly life, wouldnt our knowing Him come true all the same? Then what is the wisdom of such an ordaining?
- Are disasters such as earthquakes coincidental, or are they our fate?
- How would you respond the claim Christians make “We mention Jesus (PBUH) the son of god to mean they both are of the same essence. I do not believe but I am afraid of being mistaken about it. Besides, I would be glad if you could recommend a book to
- Would you briefly mention the pillars of faith?
- What is the Divine decree of calling Jesus Christ (PBUH) or any other persons “God”?