How would you respond the claim Christians make “We mention Jesus (PBUH) the son of god to mean they both are of the same essence. I do not believe but I am afraid of being mistaken about it. Besides, I would be glad if you could recommend a book to
First, this claim is not compatible with the faith of Allah. Those who say some creature is of the same essence as Allah (SWT) consider Him to be a creature. They do not believe in Allah (SWT), but rather in some creature, that is the production of their own imagination. For example, when it is said that both the Earth and Mercury come from the same source and they both came off from the sun; it means; it is accepted that they both are planets. To say, “Allah (SWT) and Jesus (SWT) are from the same source” is also a superstition and nonsense.
“O People of the Book! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word, which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three" - Cease! (It is) better for you! - Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from His transcendent majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender.” (An-Nisaa Surah, 4:171)
First, this claim is not compatible with the faith of Allah. Those who say some creature is of the same essence as Allah (SWT) consider Him to be a creature. They do not believe in Allah (SWT), but rather in some creature, that is the production of their own imagination. For example, when it is said that both the Earth and Mercury come from the same source and they both came off from the sun; it means; it is accepted that they both are planets.
To say, “Allah (SWT) and Jesus (SWT) are from the same source” is also a superstition and nonsense. There is no eternal being but Him. If eternity is meant by essence, there can be thought no other being that possesses this essence but Allah (SWT). Allah is Enduring One, He is free of space, His attributes are infinite, and His existence is imperative. None of them can be thought for a creature. Every creature has a beginning and an end, their qualities are limited. Jesus (PBUH) is not excluded from this rule. For Jesus, the Holy Qur’an says “the son of Mary.” He is a son and a servant. He also was given a spirit in his mother’s womb like all creatures. Yet this spirit was given by Gabriel (PBUH) whose one of the names is “The Spirit.”
What is essential for man is spirit. The body is like a dress and a residence for it. Intended to be a test for man, the body of Jesus (PBUH) was created not through parent’s participation but created directly in his mother’s womb. It is such a fallacy for those to call Jesus (PBUH) god who is created without a father, although they know that Adam (PBUH) was created having neither father nor mother!
In the Holy Quran, Jesus is mentioned as “The Spirit of Allah.” We would like to mention this since it is mostly misinterpreted. The right of speech is given to those who are experts on the field in question. As far as this question is concerned, we must convey the views of the scholars of interpretation. These scholars say that the concept “The Spirit of Allah” is a compliment to the spirit. That is, just as Kaaba’s being called the House of Allah is a compliment for the first mosque on earth, in the same way, the Jesus’ (PBUH) being called “the Spirit of Allah” is a compliment for him.
Another meaning is that just as body is animated with spirit, with his guidance, the dead hearts are animated and got refreshed.
For more information refer to the interpretations of the Surah An-Nisa 171.
- What is the Divine decree of calling Jesus Christ (PBUH) or any other persons “God”?
- Why was Jesus (pbuh) raised to the sky although some prophets were allowed to be killed why conveying the religion to people? Furthermore, one tooth of our Prophet was broken during a battle. From which property of Jesus does this incident originate?
- What is the criterion of superiority in the sight of Allah (SWT)? Is there any particular race or nation that Allah (SWT) favors?
- Would you briefly mention the pillars of faith?
- What had God (SWT) been doing before He created the universe?
- Why do we worship in Arabic? What if we do that in our own language?
- Does everything exist in the Quran?
- Ramadan, the month in which Paradise is decorated
- What sort of a religion is Islam?
- Now that Allah Almighty has created this universe to make Himself known, so if there were not any kind of diseases and calamities in this worldly life, wouldnt our knowing Him come true all the same? Then what is the wisdom of such an ordaining?