Is the worshipping of a person who does not perform five daily prayers not accepted?
Submitted by on Fri, 18/03/2011 - 13:03
Dear Brother / Sister,
What is meant by that expression in the hadiths is that the worshipping will not be expected in the perfect manner.
It will be wrong to say that the other worshipping of a person who does not perform five daily prayers is not accepted because Allah does not let any good deed disappear. However, since prayer (salah) is the essence of all kinds of worshipping and since a person who does not perform prayers is regarded to have committed sins, the reward he gets from other kinds of worshipping will decrease. That is, he cannot obtain the perfect rewards but his deeds are valid.
Questions on Islam
- Can you give information about the meaning of the supplication (dua) and glorification (tasbih) in the prayer and the rewards given for them?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- When did the five daily prayers become fard?
- What are the effects of ethics on society?
- Can qada (missed) prayers be performed instead of sunnah prayers? Can a person who has to perform qada prayers perform sunnah prayers?
- Will you explain the universality of the Quran by giving examples?
- Will you give information about listening to the adhan, repeating the words of the adhan and showing respect to the adhan?
- Could you give information about people who do not fulfill the requirements of religion although they say they believe and they are Muslims?
- What is major and minor “Kufr” (unbelief)? Will you explain it by giving examples? How can we protect ourselves from all kinds of unbelief?
- What are the hadiths related to sunnah/nafilah prayers and their virtues?