Is the worshipping of a person who does not perform five daily prayers not accepted?
Submitted by on Fri, 18/03/2011 - 13:03
Dear Brother / Sister,
What is meant by that expression in the hadiths is that the worshipping will not be expected in the perfect manner.
It will be wrong to say that the other worshipping of a person who does not perform five daily prayers is not accepted because Allah does not let any good deed disappear. However, since prayer (salah) is the essence of all kinds of worshipping and since a person who does not perform prayers is regarded to have committed sins, the reward he gets from other kinds of worshipping will decrease. That is, he cannot obtain the perfect rewards but his deeds are valid.
Questions on Islam
- Can you give information about the meaning of the supplication (dua) and glorification (tasbih) in the prayer and the rewards given for them?
- What are the effects of ethics on society?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- Will you give information about listening to the adhan, repeating the words of the adhan and showing respect to the adhan?
- Will you give information about football and its objectionable aspects? How does the religion Islam view sport games such as football, basketball etc.?
- What are the hadiths related to sunnah/nafilah prayers and their virtues?
- Can qada (missed) prayers be performed instead of sunnah prayers? Can a person who has to perform qada prayers perform sunnah prayers?
- Will you explain the universality of the Quran by giving examples?
- When did the five daily prayers become fard?
- The Prayers are fine, but to perform them every single day five times is a lot. Since they never end, it becomes wearying. What should we do?