Will you write a prayer for food that I can say after eating with a group of people?
Submitted by on Tue, 19/11/2019 - 11:07
Dear Brother / Sister,
''Bismillahirrahmanirrahim'' ''Alhamdulillahilladhi at’amana wa saqana wa jaalana minal muslimin (Praise be to Allah who has given us food and drink and made us Muslims). Kulu washrabu wa la tusrifu, innahu la yuhibbul musrifin (Eat and drink: But waste not by excess, for Allah loveth not the wasters).''
"O MONARCH that nurtures us with his bounty! Show us the source and origin of these examples and shadows you have shown us! Draw us nigh to your seat of rule; do not let us perish in these deserts! Take us into your presence and have mercy on us! Feed us there on the delicious bounty you have caused us to taste here! Do not torment us with desperation and banishment! Do not leave your yearning, thankful and obedient subjects to their own devices; do not cause them to be annihilated. O LORD! Forgive our faults, and accept us as Your slaves. Make us sure holders of Your trust until the time comes when it is taken from us. Make our spirits dominant over our bodies, our hearts over our souls and our minds over our stomachs. Make us among Your slaves who seek flavor to thank You!"
"O LORD! For the sake of the blessings You bestowed on Your Most Noble Messenger (Upon whom be blessings and peace), bestow the blessings of abundance on the favors with which You have provided us! Amin!"
''Allahumma zid wala tanqus bi hurmatilfatiha (O Allah! Increase but do not decrease! For the sake of al-Fatiha)''
(Bedîüzzaman Said Nursî, Risâle-i Nûr Külliyâtı)
Questions on Islam
- Does praying before eating a meal exist in our religion? Did the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) pray before eating a meal?
- How did the marriage of our Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) with Zaynab b. Jahsh happen? What was the reason for that marriage?
- Could you give examples of supplications from Holy Quran?
- Surah 23. Al-Muminun (The Believers)
- Is tawassul permissible according to verses and hadiths?
- Ar-Razzaq (The Supplier, The Provider)
- Surah 21. Al-Anbiya' (The Prophets)
- How are the ways of saying prayers (making dua) in verses and hadiths?
- Surah 37. As-Saffat (Those Who Set The Ranks, Drawn Up In Ranks)
- Can you give information about the meaning of the supplication (dua) and glorification (tasbih) in the prayer and the rewards given for them?