Those who are chained
Now, let us listen to some other verses carefully:
And he that will be given his Record in his left hand will say: "Ah! would that my record had not been given to me! And that I had never realized how my account (stood)! Ah! would that (Death) had made an end of me! Of no profit to me has been my wealth! My power has perished from me!"... (The stern command will say): "Seize ye him, and bind ye him, And burn ye him in the Blazing Fire. Further, make him march in a chain, whereof the length is seventy cubits! This was he that would not believe in Allah Most High, And would not encourage the feeding of the indigent! So no friend hath he here this Day. Nor hath he any food except the corruption from the washing of wounds, Which none do eat but those in sin." (al-Haaqqa 25-37)
O my soul! Have you heard the state of those whose books will be given to their left hands? … They are so regretful. They always say "if only"; Hell is full of "if only"s: They say, “Ah! would that my record had not been given to me! And that I had never realized how my account (stood)! They say, “Ah! would that (Death) had made an end of me!” That is, if only there was no life after death. What a strange state it is that the thing that they hate the most in the world becomes something they want the most. They want it and they call it? What a strange state is it?
O my soul! Who will protect you from the torture you have heard? Your sultanate? Your children? Your money and property? Or, do you have assistants that we do not know? In fact, Allah says, “The Day whereon neither wealth nor sons will avail.” Do you not trust in the word of Your Lord?
O my soul! When our Lord orders His angels, “Seize ye him, and bind ye him, And burn ye him in the Blazing Fire. Further, make him march in a chain, whereof the length is seventy cubits.”, what will your state be like?
Ibn Abbas states the following about this chain: This chain is put through a person's back and taken out from his mouth. Then, they are lined like locusts line on a stick so that they will never stand on their feet again. (Ibn Kathir)
O Lord! Save us from being chained and thrown into Hell for the sake of Your mercy! Make our souls obey us! Open the eyes of our blind feelings that do not see the end! We are your sinful slaves; forgive us! Amin…
- Those Who are Chained
- Surah 69. Al-Haqqa (The Reality)
- Tree of Zaqqum
- What Does the Quran Say about Hell?
- How tall will people be in the hereafter? They say people will be 30 meters tall. They say Hz. Adam was taller. Is that right?
- What kind of a fire is hellfire?
- How is the death of believers, do they suffer; How does their death differ from that of unbelievers?
- Could you give information about agony of death (sakarat al-mawt)?
- Life in the Grave is True
- How should we answer those who allege that Paradise and Hell are not eternal, and that after a while (God forbid), Allah will feel bored and destroy Paradise and Hell?