Will you give information about the realm of similitude?
Submitted by on Mon, 28/03/2016 - 23:32
Dear Brother / Sister,
The realm of similitude is described as the realm of transition between the realm of spirits and the realm of matter.
Like the other realms, a small example of this realm is present in man, too. We understand from Nur Collection that this example is “imagination”.
When we visualize a place we have been to before in our imagination, an example of that place forms in our realm of imagination. The origin of this world is in the visible realm but its form in the imagination is in the realm of similitude.
When we stand in front of a mirror, two people face each other. One of them is real and the other is imaginary.
Under the light of these examples, we can say that everything we see in this realm has a similar one in another realm. That realm is called the realm of similitude. The realm of similitude is denser than the realm of spirit but finer than the visible realm. In this sense, it is like a barzakh between two realms.
Questions on Islam
- Are the similitudes in the Quran incidents that took place?
- What is man? How can a human being be described?
- Does Allah inform anybody whom He wishes about ghayb (unknown/unseen)?
- Are angels Allah's daughters?
- What is the meaning and real nature of life and the wisdom behind its creation? How is the perfection of life attained?
- Twelfth Aspect: The duties and equipment given to the highest ranking officers in the army of the King in the simile indicate an eternal realm. The message brought by the highest ranking aid-de-camp of the King.
- Is it true that the Prophet was transferred into His mother’s womb on the night of Raghaib?
- Will you give information about the realms of Knowledge and Power?
- Heaven and Hell
- Will everybody be the same in Paradise? Will there be degrees of beauty?