Will we be able to see the unknown (ghaib) realms after the Day of Judgment? Will it be possible for us to see the things that we have not seen?
Submitted by on Fri, 15/04/2011 - 11:58
Dear Brother / Sister,
We do not have any clear verse or hadith regarding the issue. However, the scholars of Ahl as-Sunnah agree unanimously that believers will see the face of Allah in the hereafter. That unanimous view is based on some verses and hadiths. Since the face of Allah, which is the greatest ghaib (unknown), will be seen, we can think that other unknown things will be seen, too.
The Doomsday, which is one of the most famous ghaibs, will be seen; angels, jinn, spiritual beings, Hell and Paradise will be seen, too. There is no doubt about them. However, we do not know whether some secret and unknown things to us like the realm of similitude (mithal), realm of sovereignty (jabarut) and realm of the unknown (ghaib) will be visible to us or not.
However, in some verse of the Quran, there are some expressions implying that everything that is secret to us will be revealed. For instance:
a. The first thing that is stated in the verse, “The Day that (all) things secret will be tested” (at-Tariq, 86/9), is that all of the good and bad deeds of human beings will be revealed. However, the fact that the word “sarair” (covered secrets) is used absolutely, without any conditions, suggests, in general, that all of the secret things will be revealed.
b. In the verse, “To them will be passed round, dishes and goblets of gold: there will be there all that the souls could desire all that the eyes could delight in: and ye shall abide therein.”(az-Zukhruf, 43/71), it is stated that all kinds of views that eyes could delight in will be seen. The views that human eyes take delight in should be the views of the unknown world that they have heard about but that they have never seen. It is possible to understand this from the general expression of the verse. It is Allah who knows the truth about everything.
Questions on Islam
- Why is the future veiled?
- Life in the Grave is True
- Prophecy fulfilled?
- How will conversations be in Paradise, will you please explain it by giving references from sources?
- What are the Stages of Life in the Hereafter?
- Will you explain the verse: "Say: I have no power over any good or harm to myself except as Allah willeth" (al-Araf, 7/188)? According to that verse, does the human will have no importance?
- Will the dwellers of Paradise see Allah (Ru'yah)? What is the view of Islamic scholars about Ru'yah?
- The Fallacy of Reincarnation Part 1: What is Reincarnation?, Does reincarnation (transmigration of the soul from one body to another) exist in the Quran?
- Are angels Allah's daughters?
- Could you please explain and tell the difference between "Karamah" and "Istidraj"?