Will you give information about delusions regarding repentance? I repented but I committed the same sin again. Then I repented again. Will my repentance be accepted?
I repented but I committed the same sin again. Then I repented again. I am worried that my repentance will not be accepted again. Can you help me?
Submitted by on Tue, 09/01/2018 - 14:33
Dear Brother / Sister,
Allah states that He will accept the repentances made with a sincere intention. There is nothing to doubt about it; one should not be deceived by Satan’s tricks. Satan causes delusions in order to make man commit sins again. He tries to cause delusions in man’s heart by saying, "Your repentance has not been accepted" "You are dead" "You cannot get rid of sins" "You have committed sins already; you cannot get rid of them from now on" "Do not repent in vain", etc. Thus, he tries to drag man into sins again.
It is necessary not to fall into despair in such cases. The trick of Satan is definitely weak; man should be alert and should not be deceived by Satan’s trick. It is necessary to know that thoughts like that are Satan’s words and not to feel anxious. When man notices it, delusions disappear spontaneously.
Anas radiyallahu says, “I heard the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) state the following:
‘Allah said: O son of Adam! Verily as long as you call upon Me and have hope in Me, I forgive you no matter how many sins you have committed and how big they are. O son of Adam! Were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and you sought forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam! If you came to me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and you met Me not associating any partners with Me, I would come to you with forgiveness nearly as great as the earth.’” (Tirmidhi, Daawat 98)
Questions on Islam
- Why does man blame qadar?
- How can we get rid of delusion (waswasa)?
- Is it not a contradiction that Allah created the sins and human beings so that they would repent and that He blamed those who committed sins and threatened them with Hell?
- Satan gives me delusions like “You are still very young”. How can I prevent him?
- Prophet Adam (Peace be upon him)
- What if our father Adam would have not ever been eat that fruit?
- 4- The delusion coming in the form of doubt regarding issues of belief
- Do wudu and prayer (salah) eliminate all sins? How should we understand the hadiths regarding the issue?
- Special File of Sexuality Test
- According to the verse, “Allah accepts the repentance of those who do evil, in ignorance and repent soon afterwards... (an-Nisa, 4/17), is the repentance of those who commit a sin but do not repent at once not accepted? Until when can a person repent?