How can we get rid of delusion (waswasa)?
Submitted by on Wed, 31/03/2010 - 10:10
Dear Brother / Sister,
Delusion is nothing but instilling. You can end it within your mind. That is to say; when one realizes that he has got delusions, he has to end them; because when we are unaware of delusions we think that we are committing sins and making mistakes. And for this reason, delusions continue to exist by increasing. However, when you realize that this situation does not stem from you, but it is the instilling of Satan and that you are not responsible for it and eventually you are not sinful, delusions will go away by themselves. You should not overrate delusion. Satan’s tricks are weak.
Abu Huraira narrates: Some people from the Companions of the Prophet asked him: “Some of us have got delusions in our minds; we think that it is sin to voice them normally.” The Prophet asked: “Do you really feel such apprehensiveness?” They answered “Yes!” and he said: “This (apprehensiveness) stems from faith (delusion is not harmful).” Muslim, Faith 209 (132); Abu Dawud, Adab 118 (5110).
In another narration, he said: “Praise be to Allah who turns Satan’s tricks into delusions.”
Another narration which Muslim narrated from Ibnu Mas’ud is as follows:
They said: “O Messenger of Allah! Some of us hear such inner-voices that they would rather be burnt until they turn into coal or thrown down to earth from the sky than saying them. (Can these delusions harm us?)” The Prophet answered: “No, this apprehensiveness of yours is the sign of true belief.”
Please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- Can a person who commits a lot of sins be called an unbeliever? When the word “deniers” is used, I generally understand those who deny the existence of Allah. Can it be understood in another sense, for instance, as a sinner?
- Interest money to needy person
- Is it appropriate to say hate the sin, not the sinner?
- Will causing a sin make a person a sinner?
- If the inheritance is not shared according to Islam, does the deceased become a sinner?
- What is the decree on not performing prayers? Does a person who does not perform prayers become an unbeliever; or, does he become only a sinner?
- Du´a for non-Muslims
- Does asking questions and searching of what we do not know harm our Belief?
- What is Delusion (waswasa)? Could You Inform Us of its Reasons?
- Will you give evidence from the verses of the Quran and hadiths that waswasa (delusion) comes from satan?