Does asking questions and searching of what we do not know harm our Belief?
Submitted by on Wed, 11/07/2012 - 10:09
Dear Brother / Sister,
Belief is not harmed by asking questions and learning. You can learn anything you want that stick in your mind and bother you. Doubts concerning belief do not harm belief.
Abu Hurayra (RA) narrates: Some companions of the prophet (pbuh) asked him:
Some of us have delusions (waswasa), normally we are sure that uttering these things are considered sin. “The prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said:
“Are you afraid of this really? Those who were there answered,
“Yes!..” then, He said:
“In fact, this (fear) comes from belief (delusions do not harm)”. (Muslim, Belief 209 (132) Abu Dawud, Adab 118 (5110))
In another narration He said: “Praise to God who turns the trick of Satan into delusion (waswasa)”.
A riwayah of Muslim that was recorded from Ibn Masud is as follows: “They said:
“O apostle of God, some of us have been hearing such inner voices that, instead of uttering them deliberately, we prefer to be burned until the coal ceases or thrown to the earth from skies. (Do these delusions harm us?) The prophet Muhammad (PBUH) answered:
“No, this (fear) is the indicator of pure belief.”
please click on the links given below;
Questions on Islam
- Will you please explain the verses that order us to obey the messenger of Allah?
- What is the Meaning of Life for the Atheist and the Believer?
- Will you give information about drinking water in three breaths?
- What is needed to believe really with the heart?
- Will you give information about Allah’s establishing on the throne (arsh)?
- How can we Strengthen our Belief? Will you give information about the Increase and Decrease of Belief, Tahqiq (Investigative) and Taqlid (Imitative) Belief and the Importance of Belief?
- INTRODUCTION / EPISTEMOLOGY OF BELIEF
- What is Rahmani warning?
- How do we understand that we believe in Allah's existence by approving it with our heart? How do we understand whether we believe in something or not?
- Will you give information about having worries about sustenance and the future, and to rely on Allah (tawakkul)?