1- What is Delusion (Waswasa)?
DELUSION (WASWASA) AND WAYS OF GETTING RID OF IT
· TRICKS OF SATAN
· MAKING PEOPLE IMAGINE HARAM AND UGLY VISIONS
· MAKING PEOPLE DOUBT ISSUES ABOUT BELIEF
· SATAN MAKING PEOPLE THINK HIS WORDS AS THE WORDS OF ONE'S OWN HEART
· DELUSION ORIGINATING FROM SEARCHING THE BEST DEED
· SATAN USING IMAGINATION
· DELUSION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SIZE OF THE TRUTHS OF BELIEF
· SATAN PREVENTING A PERSON FROM CONFESSING HIS MISTAKE
· WHAT IS THE WISDOM BEHIND DELUSION?
Are you aware that we have a very dangerous and sly enemy who tries to make you deviate from the true way, who wants you to suffer eternal torture, who has devoted his whole life for it, who was damned by Allah and who was expelled from His presence? His name is SATAN. He is our greatest enemy. He has dragged millions of people to Hell and is till dragging. Every living person is a target of this enemy. He is watching you while you are watching this film now and making plans to deceive you. He knows you and your weaknesses better than you. He has only one desire and aim: To drag as many people as possible including you to Hell along with himself. Then, the first thing to do in order to resist this enemy is to know him, his tricks and tactics very well. For it is not possible to resist the enemy without knowing him and his tricks. Now, we will mention his primary and most dangerous weapon: DELUSION (WASWASA)
WHAT IS DELUSION (WASWASA)?
Delusion: means doubt, apprehension, hesitation and groundless probabilities.
We can expand this definition as placing bad thoughts one after another into man's heart without making him feel it. The word "waswasa" (delusion) denotes continuity and repetition of the deed. For, to incite man only once is not enough. It is necessary to incite him repeatedly in order to make him commit a sin. This act is called "waswasa" and the one that does it is called a "waswas".
The phrase “from the mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil), who withdraws (after his whisper)” is used in the chapter of an-Nas and we are ordered “to seek refuge with Allah from the mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil), who withdraws (after his whisper)”. We have learned that waswas is the one that causes waswasa; the word khannas mentioned in the verse means the one that withdraws and hides after appearing and whispering. The one that does it many times is called khannas. Then, “waswas al-khannas” means “the one that whispers evil and withdraws and that tries to do it again and again; he tries for the second, third, fourth, etc times when he cannot succeed in his first trial."
It is understood from the phrase “from the mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil), who withdraws (after his whisper)” that waswasa is the beginning of the evil or bad deed. If the causes and ways of getting rid of waswasa are not known, it influences man and brings about a desire for bad deeds in man's heart. Consequently, the evil deed appears. The meaning of taking refuge in Allah from waswas means asking Allah to eliminate the evil at the beginning. The Quran states the following regarding the issue:
“And if (at any time) an incitement to discord is made to thee by the Evil One, seek refuge in Allah.” (Fussilat : 36)
Yes, waswasa is similar to a misfortune. It gets bigger and bigger if it is given importance; if you do not give importance to it, it will fade away.
If you see it as big, it will get bigger; if you see it as small, it will get smaller.
If you fear it, it will get heavier and make you ill. If you do not fear it, it will get lighter and remain hidden.
If you do not know its real nature, it will continue and settle. If you know its real nature, it will disappear.
For, waswasa is something that ignorance invites and knowledge eliminates.
If you do not know it, it will come; if you know it, it will leave.
- What does the phrase "who whispers into the hearts of Mankind among Jinn and among men" mentioned in the chapter of an-Nas mean?
- Is it possible to be saved from the delusions and evil of Satan?
- What does the hadith "Satan flows in the blood vessels of man with blood" mean?
- What is Delusion (waswasa)? Could You Inform Us of its Reasons?
- While performing prayer, there are always things that come to my mind involuntarily, I think about something; does this invalidate my prayer?
- How can we get rid of delusion (waswasa)?
- How can we take refuge in God?
- Are we regarded to have committed sins due to evil things in our imagination?
- What are the characteristics of Satan?
- Could you give detailed information about delusion? How can I get rid of it?