Will you explain the following verse: "As also the evil ones, (including) every kind of builder and diver― As also others bound together in fetters." (Sad, 37-38) Was Satan put under Hazrat Sulayman’s order?
Submitted by on Thu, 30/01/2014 - 12:10
Dear Brother / Sister,
"As also the evil ones, (including) every kind of builder and diver― As also others bound together in fetters."(Sad, 38/37-38)
With this verse, the Quran states that the Prophet Sulayman ruled over jinn and devils as well as people and that he had hegemony on them.
Judging by the clear expression of the verse, we can say that Sulayman (pbuh) used jinn and devils in hard and tiring tasks. As it is known, every prophet was granted some miracles; the miracle granted to Sulayman (pbuh) was power over spiritual beings.
In those verses, Allah states that He put three kinds of devils under the command of Sulayman (pbuh). He states that the first group is builders. In another verse, He states what they do:
"They worked for him as he desired, (making) Arches, Images Basins as large as Reservoirs, and (cooking) Cauldrons fixed (in their places)."
The second group dived into the sea and took out pearls, corals and various jewels and gave them to Sulayman.
The third group was disobedient and they were devils that were tied to one another with chains. (Tabari Tafsir, interpretation of verses 37-38)
Questions on Islam
- Do you think it is possible to contact with and take information from the dead peoples spirits?
- Prophet Sulayman [Solomon] (Peace be upon him)
- CALLING SPIRITS (NECROMANCY)
- Surah 38. Sâd ((the Letter) Sad (S))
- THE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT JINN
- Can we have contact with jinn?
- Will you give information about HARUT and MARUT?
- What is the state of sorcery in Judaism? Do they not regard sorcery haram today according to their religion?
- What does it mean that fasting is a protective shield? How does fasting protect us?
- Question 41: Are there any evidences supporting scientifically that animals glorify Allah?