Will you evaluate the creation of babies with terrifying appearances in the light of the following verse: “He Who has made everything which He has created most Good” (as-Sajda 7)?
Submitted by on Fri, 01/07/2011 - 12:13
Dear Brother / Sister,
The meaning of the verse is as follows:
He Who has made everything which He has created most Good
The concept “good” (hasan) means an appropriate shape, ability and talent for the being rather that physical beauty.
Perfection itself is beautiful and good. Every being has peculiar aspects and those aspects are beautiful and perfect for them. For instance, you cannot compare the neck of a camel to the tail of an elephant. Lengthiness is beauty and perfection for one and shortness is beauty and perfection for the other.
It is ridiculous to use the thin waist of an ant even for a puppet in the shadow puppetry but it is perfect for an ant.
It is wrong to look for the same beauty and perfection in every part of the universe. Either the beings themselves or their results are beautiful. According to the rule, “Everything is understood by their opposites”, the divine wisdom wants to show the beauty of some beings by the existence of some – seemingly – ugly beings. That ugly being assumes beauty indirectly. For instance, the darkness of the night makes the moonlight seem better. Therefore, the moonlight is often used in poetry. People know this reality and they try to increase the beauty and perfection of a wonderfully equipped park by putting an ugly log, rocks or coarse stones in the park.
The beauty of everything becomes evident when they are in a composition in which all their aspects come together to show the purpose of their creation.
For instance, man does not feel sorry because he cannot run like a horse, fly like a bird or carry loads like a camel and does not regard them as faults for him. However, when he sees a bird that cannot fly, a horse that cannot run or a camel that cannot carry loads, he regards them as faults for them.
A person who has a face like a monkey is regarded ugly. The same face is very nice in a monkey. You can regard the same thing for all of the other animals and things.
Everything is very nice and perfect in their own positions.
Questions on Islam
- It is said that everything is perfect in the Quran. Was everything really created in the best and perfect way? Why did many species of living things become extinct? It is accepted in the world of science that wisdom teeth of man are a fault.
- Is there no flaw in the universe? What are the criteria for a universe to work in perfect, incredible harmony?
- How can genetic abnormalities be explained if everything is created in the best way?
- Second Point: Beauties in things and events which seem ugly.
- 1. Prophethood
- Why does Allah create disabled and mutated living beings?
- Third Aim: The explanation of verses such as “The Best of Creators” and “The Most Compassionate of the Compassionate” and the answer to the question about the perfection of the Creator of all the worlds.
- What are the Stages of Life in the Hereafter?
- The Sixteenth Proof: The Proof of Beauty and Perfection