Will the good deeds also be shown on the day of reckoning?
On the day of reckoning, the sins that people committed in the world will be shown. Will the good deeds people did in the world also be shown to them on the day of reckoning?
Submitted by on Sat, 26/12/2020 - 14:03
Dear Brother / Sister,
A person will be shown both his sins and thawabs on the day of reckoning as a necessity of absolute justice.
According to Ibn Abbas and Ibn Masud, what is meant by “(all) that he put forward, and all that he put back” in the verse “That Day will Man be told (all) that he put forward, and all that he put back” (al-Qiyamah, 75/13) are good deeds and bad deeds. After death – on the Day of Judgment - a person will be shown the good and bad deeds he did in the world. (Mawardi, the interpretation of the verse in question)
“That Day shall ye be brought to Judgment: not an act of yours that ye hide will be hidden. Then he that will be given his Record in his right hand will say: "Ah here! Read ye my Record! "I did really understand that my Account would (One Day) reach me!" And he will be in a life of Bliss.” (al-Haaqqa, 69/18-21) It is indicated in the verses above that both good and bad deeds will be shown to man on the Day of Judgment because the record (book) being given to man in his right hand is a sign of relief and happiness.
Thus, man sees his good deeds in the record (book) given to him in his right hand. (cf. Razi, Baydawi, Qurtubi, W. Zuhayli, the interpretation of the verses in question)
“We shall set up scales of justice for the Day of Judgment, so that not a soul will be dealt with unjustly in the least, and if there be (no more than) the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it (to account): and enough are We to take account.” (al-Anbiya, 21/47), “Then shall anyone who has done an atom's weight of good, see it! And anyone who has done an atom's weight of evil, shall see it.” (az-Zilzal, 99/7, 8) That fact is underlined in the verses above.
Questions on Islam
- Will animals go to the arena of the Gathering Place (Mahshar), too? What will their shares from the life in the hereafter be?
- What does ba’th (resurrection)? How will resurrection after death be?
- Will our bad deeds will be exposed in the judgement day in front of all our relatives, human beings or will it be private, between us and Almighty Allah?
- Where will those who seek the Prophet on the Day of Judgment find him?
- 1).Can one ask prophet(pbuh) & saints for help bearing in mind that the Actual Helper is Allah?2).Could one ask a Prophet or a deceased saint to pray to allah on his behalf.3).Who is on correct way Deobandis or Barelvis in Indian sub-continent?
- How are we supposed to treat a baby who died just after birth? Can that baby make shafaa (intercession) for his/her parents in the hereafter?
- Is there a narration about Quds being the gathering place (mahshar)?
- Surah 99. Az-Zilzal (The Earthquake)
- Is the justice of Allah valid only for Muslims; or is it also valid for non-Muslims?
- Is the Justice of Allah (SWT) valid for only Muslims or valid for non-Muslims, too?