Why do people still not believe though they see realities?
Submitted by on Mon, 11/07/2011 - 13:31
Dear Brother / Sister,
“Many are the Jinns and men We have made for Hell: they have hearts wherewith they understand not, eyes wherewith they see not, and ears wherewith they hear not. They are like cattle nay more misguided: for they are heedless (of warning).” (al-Araf 179) In the verse above, Allah (SWT) declares that He created many man and jinn for Hell. These are the ones that Allah knows they are going to be unbelievers.
Allah expresses that these people have hearts that do not perceive, eyes that do not see and ears that do not hear. Actually it does not mean that these people are unable to perceive, see or hear materially but they do not perceive, see and understand what if beneficial for them in the hereafter and in this world. These sense organs are means for perceiving material things truly; they are also a means for perceiving spiritual things and finding the true path. As it is clearly stated in the verse, those who use them just for material things are the ones who cannot reach the status of humanity and remain at the level of bestiality. Since they do not use their abilities properly, they are far below from animals which have no such abilities.
They are the epitome of inattentive ones. They can be really named as inattentive ones. They have brains and hearts; however, they have no consciousness. They had been the witnesses of their souls but they are unaware of their selves; they do not heed the covenant in their creation. They do not perceive it through their inner observation; they do not hear it through the witnessing of signs that they see or the witnessing of the word of Allah. They have bodies but they have no conscience. They regard the religion as delusion, the book as amusement and the divine word as music. They do not understand the nuances between the divine things and the worldly things; they do not know whose slaves they are; they do not know what or whom to worship. Their hearts pursue pointless desires; their eyes pursue figures and pictures; their ears pursue meaningless sounds. They associate partners with Allah, who created them and gave them hearts, eyes and ears, who made them accept the covenant in their creation, who is the Hearer of All (as-Sami’) and the All-Seeing (al-Basir); they do not mention or remember Allah due to their heedlessness; even if they do, they mention him with the names, attributes and properties that are not suitable for the majesty of Allah.
Questions on Islam
- Is there a contradiction between these two verses as to the purpose of creating men and jinn?
- Question 68: In a conversation with an atheist, he said the blind spot in the eye was a deficiency of the creator’s design. I could not persuade him. I will be glad if you give a logical, convincing answer.
- How does Allah hear?
- Question 54: How can a person, especially a scientist, deny Allah deliberately?
- Why Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing?
- Why cannot we see Angels?
- What kind of beings are angels? and Why cannot we see angels?
- Can you inform us about the attributes of jinns?
- Is faith in heart? If so, what sort of situation appears in heart transplantation?
- Surah 9. At-Tawba (Repentance, Dispensation)