Who is Prophet Loot (Lut)?
Submitted by on Wed, 07/01/2009 - 03:55
Dear Brother / Sister,
Hazrat Loot is the son of Aaron, Hazrat Ibrahim’s brother. He was sent as a prophet to the people of Sodom who started the practice of homosexuality for the first time. They were destroyed totally, because they did not obey Hazrat Loot and went on that disgusting deed. The following is stated in the verse about it:
“We also (sent) Loot: he said to his people: "Do you commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For you practise your lusts on men in preference to women: you are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." And his people gave no answer but this: they said "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" But We saved him and his family except his wife: she was of those who lagged behind. And We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): then see what was the end of those who indulged in sin and crime!” (al-Araf, 7/80-84).
For other prohets mentioned in the Qur'an click here.
Questions on Islam
- Is it religiously allowed for women to work? Is it religiously proper to work amongst men?
- What does determine one country whether is an Islamic country or not?
- Is it forbidden for women to wear trousers (pants) in Islam?
- Is global waming true that when we use too much electricyty and stuff that eartquakes and tsumnis will happen?
- Why do some Muslims turn their palm down while praying?
- clap your hand.
- Is it true qayamat(doomsday) will come on friday?
- Is any kind of gelatin haram for muslim?
- what will happen if you runaway from your mom and dad and die?