When does the time period for the evening prayer end?
Submitted by on Wed, 30/03/2016 - 18:06
Dear Brother / Sister,
They mean the same thing. That is, when the twilight disappears and the weather gets dark, the time for the night prayer starts. The information in both books is correct. Thetime period for the evening prayer starts when the sun sets in the horizon fully and continues until the twilight disappears.
The evidence for it is the following hadith:
"The time for the evening prayer is until the twilight disappears." (as-San'ani, I/106).
According to Abu Yusuf, Imam Muhammad, Hanbalis and the new view of Shafiis, twilight is the redness seen in the west horizon. For, Abdullah b. Umar said, "Twilight is redness." (as-San'ani, I/114)
According to Abu Hanifa, twilight is the whiteness that continues in the horizon after the redness. After this whiteness, the whiteness that will continue all the time appears. His evidence is the following hadith:
"The end of the period of time for the evening prayer is the time when the horizon darkens."(Zaylai, I/230)
Questions on Islam
- What is the time period for the evening prayer? The people living in the Central Asian countries act differently about the time period of the evening prayer.
- Until how many minutes before the end of the time period for a prayer is it permissible to pray?
- The Times of Prayers
- Will you give information about the afternoon (asr) prayer?
- Is it makruh to perform the night prayer after midnight?
- What are the mustahab times for performing five daily prayers? For instance, the morning prayer (fajr) can be performed up to the time of sunrise. What about the other prayers?
- Evening Salah
- What is the importance of time for prayer (salah)?
- Can the noon prayer be performed five minutes before the time period for the afternoon prayer starts?
- If the next adhan is called while performing a prayer, will that prayer be valid?