What is the wisdom (reason) for the creation of some living beings abnormally?
There are some abnormalities in the creation of beings. What are the wisdoms behind Allah’s creating some incredible living beings like that? How should such outcomes be evaluated? Things like that make me think a lot and disturb me.
Submitted by on Sat, 07/10/2017 - 11:53
Dear Brother / Sister,
All of the beings in the universe are works of Allah. Allah creates them and gives them sustenance. He removes them from this world after they live for a certain period.
There are hundreds of thousands of plant and animal species on earth. The number of the individuals is too many to count. For instance, there are one million living beings consisting of spores and bacteria in one gram of forest soil. Allah knows the reason for their creation, how to create them and how long they will live. Scientists try to find some information about their existence, forms and structures by the studies they do.
The living beings that have abnormal structures are very few of those determinations. Scientists try to find the reasons for those abnormalities. What the people who are outside these studies and research need to do is to think that Allah creates as He wishes and not to interfere in what Allah does.
Man feels pity for a handicapped or disabled being created by Allah. Why? For, he wants that being to have a normal body like others. He thinks that the disabled living being leads a troublesome life.
It is Allah who creates that living being out of nothing. It is Allah who gives its sustenance. Then, it is necessary to leave those handicapped and disabled living beings to Allah and to look at them in order to take lessons.
Man should think as follows:
“Allah Almighty might not have created me at all. He might have created me as a stone or a plant. He might have crated me as a human being with some organs missing. He created me as a proper human being. He gave me intellect. He equipped me with feelings like love, compassion and mercy. Therefore, I have to obey His orders and prohibitions. I have to worship and thank Him that I am not a handicapped or disabled person.”
No being has the right to demand from Allah to be created as a being. Therefore, Allah creates beings out of His grace and mercy. If you ask that handicapped or disabled person the following question,
- Would you like not to have been created at all? Or would you like to have been created as a worm or an insect on a tree or in the soil?
if he is sane, he will give you the following answer:
- “I thank Allah. I prefer being created like this to being created as a plant or animal or not being created at all.”
In fact, this worldly life is very short, about 70-80 years. The otherworldly life is eternal. If that handicapped and disabled person knows Allah and worships Him, Allah promises that He will reward him with eternal life in Paradise. If that person were very handsome with full organs, he would probably forget Allah and the Prophet, would lead a life full of pleasure and joy and would go to Hell and burn there in the hereafter.
A sane person thinks of this and says, “Allah does best for all beings no matter what He does.” He watches from outside through the window and does not enter inside; he thanks Allah by watching the beings in this realm by taking lessons from them.
It is necessary to fear being born blind in the hereafter, not the blindness in the world.
Satan makes man forget the hereafter when he makes him lament the blind. A person who forgets Allah by thinking about the handicapped and disabled people in the world will be resurrected as blind in the hereafter.
Allah Almighty states in verses 124, 125, 126 and 127 of the chapter of Taha that those who turn away from the Quran will be resurrected as blind in the hereafter as follows:
“"But whosoever turns away from My Message, verily for him is a life narrowed down, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Judgment." He will say: "O my Lord! why hast Thou raised me up blind, while I had sight (before)? (Allah) will say: "Thus didst Thou, when Our Signs came unto thee, disregard them: so wilt thou, this day, be disregarded." And thus do We recompense him who transgresses beyond bounds and believes not in the Signs of his Lord: and the Penalty of the Hereafter is far more grievous and more enduring.” (Taha, 124-127)
Another trick of Satan
Another trick of Satan on man is that it makes man an enemy of Allah. Satan shows man handicapped and disabled people and tells him that Allah created them like that. Thus, man feels pity for them and nurtures enmity toward Allah in his heart. A person who dies like that as an enemy of Allah will go to the other world as an enemy of Allah and as an unbeliever; and he will remain in Hell forever.
That is what Satan really wants.
It is necessary to think about these things and fulfill the orders and avoid the prohibitions of Allah; it is necessary not to oppose His decrees and creation by saying “Allah creates in the best way whatever He creates.”
It is necessary to say like İbrahim Hakkı. He says the following regarding the issue:
Allah transforms evil to good.
Do not think He does something else.
Let us see what Allah will do.
Whatever He does, He does well.
Do not say, “Why is this like that?”
It is in its proper place.
Wait for the end patiently.
Let us see what Allah will do.
Whatever He does, He does well.
If a person shows patience in this world, he will see the end (reward) in the hereafter. For, Allah Almighty will give great rewards to a person who suffers in this world.
Questions on Islam
- How could we warn those who despise, gibe at disabled people and sometimes hurt them with phrases like manufacturing defects?
- Are mutations a means for chain of causes for natural selections?
- Why does Allah create disabled and mutated living beings?
- How can we warn those who want to despise handicapped people to make fun of them and to offend them by using some phrases like a “manufacturing defect”?
- Question 26: Why does Allah create disabled and mutated beings?
- Some people suffer troubles and misfortunes in this world while others do not. Are those who are not hit by misfortunes very lucky?
- Were there any handicapped companions during the time when the Prophet (PBUH) lived? How did the Prophet (pbuh) treat them?
- Question 55: I do not believe in Islam. If there is an order in the universe arising from chaos and if Allah created the order, who created chaos?
- All of the decrees of Islam are rational. There is nothing in Islam that is contrary to the mind and logic.
- Why does Allah give people so much hardship like torture, cruelty, brutality, disability, blindness and rape?