What is the state of a baby who dies in the womb in the hereafter?
Submitted by on Fri, 02/11/2018 - 08:56
Dear Brother / Sister,
There are hadiths stating that spirit is blown into the baby in the womb when it is forty or forty-two days old. Therefore, if a two-month old fetus dies after spirit is blown into it in the womb, we think it will be in Paradise in the hereafter and will intercede for its parents in the hereafter.
The thawab of the Quran can be sent as a gift to the spirits of the dead people. Therefore, you can send it as a gift to the spirit of this baby too.
Questions on Islam
- Is it true that the Prophet was transferred into His mother’s womb on the night of Raghaib?
- When is spirit given to the fetus in the uterus?
- Is it permissible to have an abortion? Is it permissible to have a two-month old fetus removed?
- When does the embryo of a child become alive in a womb and What can be done for the children who die before their birth?
- Why does old age exist? Would it not be better if there was no old age?
- Is sperm, which is the essence of semen, meant in verse 8 of the chapter of at-Tawba?
- Can a name be given to a baby that dies in the uterus when it is two months old? Can this baby intercede for its parents on the Day of Judgment?
- Life in the Grave is True
- Is it permissible to have an abortion if a religious doctor says that the baby will be born as a disabled child?
- How are we supposed to treat a baby who died just after birth? Can that baby make shafaa (intercession) for his/her parents in the hereafter?