When does the embryo of a child become alive in a womb and What can be done for the children who die before their birth?
Submitted by on Sun, 23/08/2009 - 16:21
Dear Brother / Sister,
In hadiths (sayings of the Prophet) the Prophet used different expressions while explaining the development of embryo in mother's womb. While some hadiths imply that the embryo becomes alive when it is 120 days old, some hadiths explain that it becomes alive when it is 40 days old. The scholars who interpret the hadith as 120 days have said that it is not forbidden to have abortion before the first 4-month is finished, but that after the completion of 4 months, abortion is forbidden.
Questions on Islam
- Will you give information about Lian: the method of ending a marriage due to adultery?
- Can't Qur'an be the words of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)? If not, how can it be proven?
- What are children's rights over their parents?
- Is it permissible to apply to a hodja in order to break a spell?
- What is the importance of taking care of girls (daughters)?
- Before the Lord of the Universe (pbuh) was given the duty of prophethood, how was religious, moral and social state of humanity and world?
- What will happen to the living people on the Doomsday?
- Could you give some information on nationalism and racism? Is it religiously permissible if I love my nation better than other nations?
- Could you please give information about "Nafaqa" (Sustenance: Maintenance: Alimony)?
- What are the advantages of belief in the Hereafter for the society and individuals?