When does the embryo of a child become alive in a womb and What can be done for the children who die before their birth?
Submitted by on Sun, 23/08/2009 - 16:21
Dear Brother / Sister,
In hadiths (sayings of the Prophet) the Prophet used different expressions while explaining the development of embryo in mother's womb. While some hadiths imply that the embryo becomes alive when it is 120 days old, some hadiths explain that it becomes alive when it is 40 days old. The scholars who interpret the hadith as 120 days have said that it is not forbidden to have abortion before the first 4-month is finished, but that after the completion of 4 months, abortion is forbidden.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to have an abortion? Is it permissible to have a two-month old fetus removed?
- What is the state of a baby who dies in the womb in the hereafter?
- Is having an abortion religiously permissible?
- Abortion in Islamic Law
- Is having abortion religiously permissible?
- What is Ghurra? When is it given? Who gives it? Who is it given to?
- Can you make some explanations about test-tube baby?
- When is spirit given to the fetus in the uterus?
- Will you give information about the blowing of the spirit into the fetus?
- How does creation take place in the womb according to the Quran and the Sunnah?