What should I do to find a good job?
Submitted by on Fri, 23/09/2022 - 14:46
Dear Brother / Sister,
We are in a world of testing. Our Lord states the following:
Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, “We believe”, and that they will not be tested?
We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false. (al-Ankabut, 29/2, 3)
We should always be conscious that we are always tested whether it is about a job suitable for us or other issues, and we should always consider those who are in a more difficult situation than us; we should be grateful and be patient.
In the meantime, we should definitely act in accordance with causes.
You work hard to earn halal money in line with Allah’s consent. The cost may seem heavy to you and you may be depressed financially and spiritually, but if our Lord shows you the future reward of your determination for a moment, you may want this state to continue.
Yes causes. We should question them, both from your viewpoint and from the viewpoint of employers:
- Do you apply for the right jobs?
- If you were an employer, in what position would you employ yourself?
- Could it be more appropriate to start with a job where you can gain some experience and show yourself?
- Is it possible for you to be more flexible and change some of your criteria other than Islamic criteria?
- It is really annoying to look for a job when you are unemployed. If you start a temporary job, you may find a better job.
- Unexpected opportunities may occur in your temporary job.
Ask yourself the questions above and similar ones frankly and without prejudice both to open your horizon and to make right decisions.
Continue the five daily prayers and supplications.
Inshallah, our Lord will open good doors for you. However, we should not forget that this test will end and others will begin...
What matters is to continue to give correct answers to the test questions.
Questions on Islam
- What kind of harms does pessimism cause people?
- To those who are thinking of getting married
- How to Resolve Family Conflicts?
- Can you explain the methods of overcoming excitement and of becoming successful? (Social Phobia)
- While performing prayer, there are always things that come to my mind involuntarily, I think about something; does this invalidate my prayer?
- What is the advice that Abu Hanifa gave to his student Yusuf?
- Is ugliness a test? What should a person who is very ugly in appearance do?
- Is a person always tested through the one he loves?
- Good and Evil in Islam
- I cannot perform my prayers and I am not as peaceful as I used to be. What should I do?