What is the reason why Eve (Hawwa) was created after Adam?
Submitted by on Sat, 19/03/2016 - 00:12
Dear Brother / Sister,
Men and women are necessary for the continuation of the human species. Allah created Hz. Hawwa as a spouse for Hz. Adam.
Adam (pbuh) was settled in Paradise. He walked around there for a while without a spouse with whom he could be consoled. Once, he fell asleep; when he woke up, he saw a woman whom Allah created from his rib. He asked, "What are you?" The woman answered, "I am a woman." He asked the woman why she was created. The woman said, "So that you would be consoled with me."
Meanwhile, the angels saw them and asked Adam who the woman was in order to test his knowledge. Adam said he was "Hawwa" They asked him why he gave her this name. He said, "Because she was created from a living thing. (Ibn Kathir, "Tafsiru'l-Qur'ani'l-Azim", I/112)
Questions on Islam
- Is it impossible for man to have been created through evolution? Is it contrary to Islam? How is the creation of man narrated in the Quran?
- I wonder why the first person who was created was a man. Why a man but not a woman?
- Will you explain verses 189 and 190 of the chapter of al-A'raf?
- How can we understand that Hazrat Hawwa (Eve) was created from Hazrat Adam?
- Can a muslim believe that man evolved from another living thing?
- How should we understand woman being created from man's rib?
- Prophet Adam (Peace be upon him)
- Was Hz. Adam created as a community? How is the creation of Hz. Adam narrated in the Quran?
- Knowing the Creator and understanding Creation through Questions
- Were there any human beings that were created before Hazrat Adam? What was created first? Were there any human beings before Adam?