I wonder why the first person who was created was a man. Why a man but not a woman?
Submitted by on Fri, 08/04/2016 - 01:20
Dear Brother / Sister,
There may be a lot of reasons (wisdoms) for it but the real reason is Allah's wish since He created man. It is Allah's choice. If He had created Hawwa (Eve) first, some people could have asked, "Why was Hawwa created first?" Others could have asked, "Why were they not created together?"
Every living being has an ancestor from whose lineage he comes. This living being is the first member of that species. The species of human beings has a father and first member too. The female is subject to the male. This is Allah's custom.
Our personal view regarding the issue is as follows:
Women cannot be prophets due to some conditions. Therefore, prophethood, the duty of being the head of the family, and some deeds of worshipping that women are not responsible for are under the responsibility of men.
Allah addresses prophets among people through revelation. He informs the other people what He wants through prophets. Therefore, the Divine Will decreed that first member of human beings, and the person to be addressed by Allah and to be taught the names of things, etc would be a prophet and a man.
Questions on Islam
- Is it impossible for man to have been created through evolution? Is it contrary to Islam? How is the creation of man narrated in the Quran?
- Will you explain verses 189 and 190 of the chapter of al-A'raf?
- How can we understand that Hazrat Hawwa (Eve) was created from Hazrat Adam?
- Can a muslim believe that man evolved from another living thing?
- How can we convey the message of Islam to a Christian? How can we tell Christians about their mistakes?
- Was Hz. Adam created as a community? How is the creation of Hz. Adam narrated in the Quran?
- How should a child be trained and religiously educated? How should we teach Allah to children?
- The slander that Allah does not know the deeds that man will do..
- Prophet Ibrahim [Abraham] (Peace be upon him)
- How should we understand woman being created from man's rib?