Were there any human beings that were created before Hazrat Adam? What was created first? Were there any human beings before Adam?
Submitted by on Thu, 07/10/2010 - 20:09
Dear Brother / Sister,
1- Allah created the light of Muhammad first. Then, He created other beings from him. First the plants, and then the animals were created.
2- Hazrat Adam is the father of the mankind. Therefore, to accept that other people lived before him means to make a judgment contrary to the verses regarding the issue.
There are narrations that jinn lived in the world before human beings. The term ‘vicegerent’ (khalifah) mentioned in the following verse shows that there were intelligent creatures before Hazrat Adam: "Behold thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said "Wilt thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood? Whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not." (al-Baqara, 30; ??arat-ul ?’caz, 201)
The word “vicegerent” (khalifatan) suggests that before conditions on the earth were readied for human life, there were intelligent creatures for whose lives, conditions during the earth’s early epochs. Those intelligent creatures are the jinn. Besides, in the following verse, the word jinn is mentioned: “I have only created jinn and men, that they may serve Me.” (adh-Dhariyat, 56). It indicates that the jinn were created before human beings.
Please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- If there is no difference between magic and miracle, how can it be understood that miracle is different from magic?
- Did the great personalities that advanced in spirituality reach those high ranks by worshipping day and night? Or were they (saints and prophets) given those ranks by birth?
- It is said that some scientific and historical facts that are mentioned in the Qur'an, coming from various cultures and nations of the world. How can you clarify this?
- Where and how was the Bible revealed to the prophet Jesus (PBUH)?
- Do the miracles only exist in the Holy Qur'an? Are there any miracles in the Bible?
- For how many centuries have jinn been living in the world? Did jinn exist before Hz. Adam?
- What is the original homeland of Hz. Adam? If it is Paradise, does Allah say, "I will create a vicegerent on earth"?
- Were jinn created before human beings? Are jinn superior to human beings? Will the realm of jinn be different in the hereafter?
- Who were the inhabitants of the earth before Humans?
- How should we understand the statement of the angels "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?" when Allah created Hz. Adam?