Where and how was the Bible revealed to the prophet Jesus (PBUH)?
Submitted by on Wed, 20/01/2010 - 01:01
Dear Brother / Sister,
According to the commentators of the Quran, the Quran was revealed in pieces in 23 years, while the Torah and the Bible was revealed completely at one time. (Fahraddin Razi, Mafatihu'l-ghayb (The Keys of the Unseen), 7/157; IbnKathir, Tafsiru’l-Qur'ân, (Exegesis of Koran) 1/501)As a matter of fact, that fact is pointed out by the statement in the Surah Furqan (25/32) : “Those who reject Faith say: "Why is not the Qur'an revealed to him all at once?" According to a hadith in the book Musnad (4/107) the pages of Abraham were brought down on the first night of Ramadan, the Torah, on the sixth night, the Bible, on the thirteenth night (another tradition says, on the eighteenth night). We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Torah that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah” (al-Maida 5/46)
We could not find sound data about where the Bible was revealed.
As it was the case about the previous prophets, the Bible was not written during the life of Jesus because the time for conveying his prophethood was short and the circumstances did not allow the Bible to be recorded. The earliest recordings of the Bible were made 70 years after Jesus. Therefore, the true sayings of Jesus were not immediately recorded and some human words were mixed with it and thus the real book was interpolated.
Questions on Islam
- It is said that some scientific and historical facts that are mentioned in the Qur'an, coming from various cultures and nations of the world. How can you clarify this?
- Do the miracles only exist in the Holy Qur'an? Are there any miracles in the Bible?
- Did the great personalities that advanced in spirituality reach those high ranks by worshipping day and night? Or were they (saints and prophets) given those ranks by birth?
- Were there any human beings that were created before Hazrat Adam? What was created first? Were there any human beings before Adam?
- If there is no difference between magic and miracle, how can it be understood that miracle is different from magic?
- Is it possible to find proofs for the prophethood of the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in the Bible, Torah and Psalms?
- Why did Allah send the Quran as the last book?
- The Proofs of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the Distorted Torah.
- What is the difference between the Quran and the Torah?
- Will you give information about the distortion process of the Bible (New Testament)? Is there any evidence that the Bible (New Testament) was distorted? Will you give examples?