How should we understand the statement of the angels "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?" when Allah created Hz. Adam?
Submitted by on Sat, 04/11/2017 - 16:01
Dear Brother / Sister,
When Allah Almighty allowed the angels to ask questions during consultation, they asked, “Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?” This question by angels must not be thought in the form of criticizing Allah – God forbid. For, angels have no ability to object to the deeds of Allah Almighty. They are innocent beings. They do not and cannot commit sins. Therefore, their innocence prevents such an objection.
Then, what is the wisdom behind the angels’ asking that question?
The angels had some knowledge about what they witnessed before. As a matter of fact, the jinn that lived on earth before caused mischief on earth, shed blood and inflicted cruelty. The angels knew about it. They feared that humans would disobey Allah and cause mischief on earth; therefore, they asked such a question. The angels knew about it because Allah informed them or because they saw in in Lawh al-Mahfuz (the Preserved Tablet) or deduced it from the fact that man would be given the power of fury and lust.
The angels knew that humans would shed blood and cause mischief acting upon the community of jinn; there was no human community before Hz. Adam.
Questions on Islam
- Were there any human beings that were created before Hazrat Adam? What was created first? Were there any human beings before Adam?
- If the Satan had not been created, would we all have been in Paradise?
- What is the original homeland of Hz. Adam? If it is Paradise, does Allah say, "I will create a vicegerent on earth"?
- Were jinn created before human beings? Are jinn superior to human beings? Will the realm of jinn be different in the hereafter?
- Why was Hz. Adam sent to Paradise instead of the Earth? Had Hz. Adam not sinned, would he have stayed in Paradise?
- The slander that Allah does not know the deeds that man will do..
- 2. Surah Al-Baqara (1- 60)
- What if our father Adam would have not ever been eat that fruit?
- Who were the inhabitants of the earth before Humans?
- Why does Allah (SWT) love His slaves?