If the Satan had not been created, would we all have been in Paradise?
If Hz. Adam had not eaten the fruit of the forbidden tree, would Allah have not sent them to the earth? Would all people have stayed in Paradise?
Submitted by on Wed, 21/12/2016 - 10:18
Dear Brother / Sister,
One of the incidents that man thinks about is Adam’s (PBUH) having been driven out of Paradise, having been sent to the world, and Satan's having caused that. The following question comes to the mind of some people:
- If Satan had not been created, would Adam (PBUH) have stayed in Paradise, and would we all have stayed there too?
Before answering this question, let us pay attention to Allah Almighty's dialogue with angels before He created Adam (PBUH). This event is expressed in Surah Al-Baqarah:
“Behold thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said "Wilt thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood? Whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not.” (Surah al-Baqara, 2:30)
As is clear from the translation of the verse, Allah Almighty announces that He would create humankind on earth before He created Adam (PBUH). That is, He (SWT) announced that humankind would live in the world not in Paradise. That Satan deceived Adam (PBUH) only became a cause for man's having been sent to the world.
On the other hand, unlike angels, man has been given self-appetites and carnal feelings. For the reflections of these feelings to be seen, it was necessary for man to be given responsibilities and be tested so that at the end of this test and experiment, he would either become worthy of Paradise or deserve Hell.
Questions on Islam
- What if our father Adam would have not ever been eat that fruit?
- If the Satan had not been created, would we all have been in Paradise?
- Why was Hz. Adam sent to Paradise instead of the Earth? Had Hz. Adam not sinned, would he have stayed in Paradise?
- Prophet Adam (Peace be upon him)
- Was Hz. Adam created in Paradise? There are different views of tafsir scholars. How should we think and believe regarding the issue?
- What is the original homeland of Hz. Adam? If it is Paradise, does Allah say, "I will create a vicegerent on earth"?
- What are the verses about Angels, Jinn, and Devils?
- Why did Allah not destroy Satan since He disobeyed Allah’s order and refused to prostrate Hz. Adam?
- Does Allah let Satan (the devil) pervert human beings? Can you explain it? If Satan approaches us with the permission of Allah, why does Allah let Satan do it?
- Is it impossible for man to have been created through evolution? Is it contrary to Islam? How is the creation of man narrated in the Quran?