At what distance should the congregation stand behind the imam?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 22:42
Dear Brother / Sister,
If there is only one person along with the imam, he should stand at the right side of the imam and he must be a little behind the imam's heel. The criterion for this is not the place of sajdah (prostration) but the feet. It will be enough if the toes of the congregation are not ahead of the heels of the imam's feet.
Questions on Islam
- If somebody joins the prayer of two people who are performing a prayer in congregation, where does he need to stand?
- What are the necessary qualities for an Imam to have in order to lead a congregational prayer?
- If the imam and the male congregation stand in the same line, is the prayer invalidated?
- Prayers in Congregation
- What is Wudu (Ablution)?
- What are the wisdoms behind wudu (ablution)? What is the importance of the organs to be washed?
- Prayers of a Traveler (Musafir)
- The Principles of Prayer
- The Sunnahs of Prayer
- What is the wisdom behind the acts in the prayer?