What can a Muslim do If s/he cannot find Halal meat to eat?
Submitted by on Sat, 12/09/2009 - 15:18
Dear Brother / Sister,
If a Muslim, Christian or a Jewish did not slaughter the animal, it is not enough to say Basmala (In the name of Allah) before/while eating.
That is, "The People of the Books slaughtered is eaten."
With the term of “the People of the Books”, we understand the Christians who believe Gospel and the Jewish who believe Torah among the Books that Allah sent.
Please click on the link given below to read full answer
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible for Muslims to eat meat slaughtered by Non-Muslims?
- Is it permissible for Muslims the meat slaughtered by non-Muslims?
- If a Muslim or a person from the people of the Book forgets to utter bismillah when he slaughters an animal, is it permissible for a Muslim to say bismillah before eating it and then eat it?
- Could you please give information about Hunting in Islam?
- As Eid Al Adha Approaches…
- Is it permissible to carry a pig in return for a price?
- What are the criteria for social intercourse with non-Muslims? Is it permissible to be business partners with them?
- What are the frequent questions related to sacrificing an animal and their answers?
- We see that some people slaughter a sacrifice on behalf of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Is it permissible to slaughter a sacrifice on behalf of people who passed away?
- Why is the flesh of chicken not haram though it eats small animals like worms?