Is there a nation that was destroyed because of blocking roads and preventing people from passing?
Submitted by on Sat, 26/12/2015 - 20:08
Dear Brother / Sister,
The nation that stopped by the roads and threatened people so that they would not believe was the nation of Hz. Shuayb. One of the verses regarding the issue is as follows:
“And squat not on every road, breathing, threats, hindering from the path of Allah those who believe in Him and seek to make it something crooked…”(al-Araf, 7/86).
According to what is stated in the resources, the people of this nation stood at the entrance of of the roads and threatened to kill the people who wanted to visit Hz. Shuayb and told them that he was a liar, preventing them from meeting and talking to him. (see Tabari, Baghawi, Ibn Ashur, the interpretation of the relevant verse)
Questions on Islam
- Prophet Shuayb [Jethro] (Peace be upon him)
- How many nations and tribes were destroyed? Where, how and why?
- Prophet Hud (Peace be upon him)
- Prophet Musa [Moses] & Harun [Aaron] (Peace be upon them)
- Did Hz. Musa get married? If yes, how many children did he have? What are his children's names?
- Prophet Lut [Lot] (Peace be upon him)
- the Qur’an, al-Hijr, 15:76
- What is the state of sorcery in Judaism? Do they not regard sorcery haram today according to their religion?
- Would you like to give us some information about Hazrat Saleh's (pbuh) life?
- Where is the sacred "Tuwa Valley" mentioned in the Quran? Why was Hz. Musa sent the first revelation in this valley?