Tesettur - The coverage of private parts
Submitted by on Thu, 09/10/2008 - 23:34
Dear Brother / Sister,
The body parts of a man, which must be covered, are from the navel to the lower end of the kneecap. Majority of scholar are unanimous that the kneecap is from the thighbone and must be covered too. The evidences to this are the hadiths of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) given below;
“The private parts (body parts which must be covered) of a man is between the navel end the kneecap.” (Ahmad b. Hambel, II, 187). “Kneecap is included to the private parts.” (Zaylai, Nasbu’r-Raye, I, 297).
Questions on Islam
- How do you view Muslims' addiction to football?
- Is it permissible for a man and women to pray without socks? Could anybody perform prayers barefoot?
- Is it permissible for women to go to public baths?
- Is it permissible for men and women to perform prayers sockless or stockingless? Is the prayer which is performed barefoot valid?
- Is it a sin to go on holiday to the seaside in summer? We go to the seaside but women and men go swimming together. Is it appropriate for us to be there; is it appropriate for my spouse to swim there?
- What are the limits of sexual intercourse with a woman in menstruation?
- Is it permissible for women to go swimming wearing swimming suits in accordance with tasattur rules?
- How is it necessary for a woman to cover her body at home? Do angels run away if her head is uncovered?
- Is it permissible for women to go swimming in the sea?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?