Is Salah (Prayer) a debt?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 13:45
Dear Brother / Sister,
Here are the statements of the Qur'an on the issue:
- "Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?" (al-Baqara, 2/245)
- "If ye (but) establish regular prayers, practise regular charity, believe in My Messengers honour and assist them, and loan to Allah a beautiful loan, verily I will wipe out from you your evils and admit you to Gardens with rivers flowing beneath." (al-Maeda, 5/12)
- "Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful Loan? For (Allah) will increase it manifold to his credit and he will have (besides) a liberal reward." (al-Hadid, 57/11)
- "For those who give in Charity, men and women, and loan to Allah a Beautiful Loan, it shall be increased manifold (to their credit) and they shall have (besides) a liberal reward." (al-Hadid, 57/18)
- "If ye loan to Allah a beautiful loan He will double it to your (credit), and He will grant you Forgiveness: for Allah is most Ready to appreciate (service) Most Forbearing―" (at-Taghabun, 64/17)
One of the meanings of prayer is shukr (giving thanks to Allah). Shukr is not a debt for the benefactions of the future but for the previous ones.
Questions on Islam
- Surah 57. Al-Hadid (Iron)
- How many times of salah a day are stated in the Qur’an? If we perform only the fards of salah, will we have paid our debt?
- Those who touch the dust of usury
- Surah 64. At-Taghabun (Mutual Disillusion, Haggling)
- Are all of the Companions (Sahaba) people of Paradise? If they are all people of Paradise, is there any information in the Quran about the issue?
- What is Interest and why is it Forbidden?
- What are the verses of the Quran showing that Hz. Muhammed (pbuh) is a prophet?
- Why is Interest Forbidden?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- The accepter of interest and its payer are cursed