Submitted by on Mon, 08/12/2008 - 04:32
Dear Brother / Sister,
Yes, one who is patient can get closer to Allah Almighty. In regard with patience in the Holy Qur’an it is stated that:
“O you who believe! Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer; for Allah is with those who patiently persevere.” (Al-Baqarah, 2/153)
The end of patience is peace and progress. Patience is bitter, but the result is sweet.
Our Prophet (pbuh) implies the importance of patience as follows:
“Those who are patient reach accomplishment.”
“Patience is the key of success.”
“Patience is a light.”
“Patience is a treasury among Paradise Treasuries.”
“There is so much auspicious in being patient during the hardship.”
Questions on Islam
- Your Fourth Question: What is the wisdom and purpose of the verse, “Allah is with those who patiently persevere?”
- Do we have the right to hurt people? How should we react against the insults and bad deeds that we are exposed to?
- Will you explain the following verse: "Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer" (al-Baqara, 2/153)?
- What is salah (prayer)? Why is salah (prayer), which consists of a few acts, is so much important in Islam?
- What would you advise me to do in order to show patience in the face of illnesses and misfortunes?
- Are there any supplications (duas) to be patient? Will you give information about the virtue of patience?
- Will you explain the verse "Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer" (al-Baqara, 2/153)?
- Does everyone live the life they deserve?
- If the Creator does not need our worship, why do we need to worship? Why is salah (prayer), which consists of a few acts, is so much important?
- Could you please explain the verse; “O you who believe! Seek help (against all kinds of hardships and tribulations) through persevering patience and the Prayer; surely God is with the persevering and patient.” (the Qur’an, al-Baqarah, 2:153)