Will you explain the verse "Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer" (al -Baqara, 2/153)?
Submitted by on Wed, 06/05/2020 - 12:09
Dear Brother / Sister,
"O ye who believe! Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer; for Allah is with those who patiently persevere." (al-Baqara, 2/153)
Patience matures man spiritually, develops and strengthens him. Prayer is the highest form of expression of slavery to Allah, surrendering to Him and thanking Him for blessing, and it is an indication of an active and regular life. In the verse, we are advised to benefit from two basic elements that will make man strong both spiritually and externally in the face of difficulties.
It is not stated in the verse, in the face of what cases it is necessary to be patient. Therefore, it is within the scope of this order to show patience in all cases that necessitate perseverance like performing worship, avoiding harams, resisting against all kinds of hostile deeds and enduring misfortunes and pains.
Patience is the product of self-sacrifice, determination, strong perseverance and willpower shown by man for a purpose; therefore, patience is the attitude of man related to his own self.
Prayer is man’s turning toward Allah with his body, tongue and heart, in short, with his body and soul; in that case, prayer is the believer's attitude related to Allah. Thus, a person who strengthens his own self with patience and establishes a relationship with Allah through prayer completes the psychological conditions of success. (see Diyanet, Kur'an Yolu, the interpretation of verse 153 of the chapter of al-Baqara 153.)
Questions on Islam
- Will you explain the following verse: "Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer" (al-Baqara, 2/153)?
- Could you please explain the verse; “O you who believe! Seek help (against all kinds of hardships and tribulations) through persevering patience and the Prayer; surely God is with the persevering and patient.” (the Qur’an, al-Baqarah, 2:153)
- What would you advise me to do in order to show patience in the face of illnesses and misfortunes?
- What is salah (prayer)? Why is salah (prayer), which consists of a few acts, is so much important in Islam?
- Do we have the right to hurt people? How should we react against the insults and bad deeds that we are exposed to?
- Are there any supplications (duas) to be patient? Will you give information about the virtue of patience?
- If the Creator does not need our worship, why do we need to worship? Why is salah (prayer), which consists of a few acts, is so much important?
- What are the reasons of troubles and calamities? Could you please explain the verses of Surah of al-Baqara, 155 and Surah Ash-Shura 30? Does Allah (SWT) give us troubles and calamities because of our sins or because of testing?
- How can we show patience against the issue of which we do not know the hidden side?