Will you explain the following verse: "Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer" (al-Baqara, 2/153)?
Submitted by on Mon, 17/02/2014 - 11:13
Dear Brother / Sister,
"O ye who believe! Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer: for Allah is with those who patiently persevere." (al-Baqara, 2/153)
Patience maturates, develops and strengthens man spiritually. Prayer is a lofty way of expressing servitude and surrendering to Allah and thanking for the bounties; it is also an indication of an active and regular life. In the verse, we are advised to benefit from two basic elements that will make man spiritually strong in life in the presence of difficulties.
It is not stated in the verse regarding what issues it is necessary to be patient. Therefore, this order includes patience while worshipping, avoiding harams, resisting all kinds of hostile acts, putting up with misfortunes and pains, that is, situations that require all kinds of endurance.
Patience is the product of the sacrifice, determination and will that a person shows; therefore, patience is a person's attitude related to his own self. Prayer is his turning to Allah with his body, tongue and heart, in short, as a whole; then, prayer is a believer's attitude related to Allah. Thus, a person who strengthens his self through patience and forms a relationship with Allah through prayer completes the psychological requirements for success. (see Diyanet, Kur'an Yolu, the interpretation of verse 153 of the chapter of al-Baqara)
Questions on Islam
- Will you explain the verse "Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer" (al-Baqara, 2/153)?
- Could you please explain the verse; “O you who believe! Seek help (against all kinds of hardships and tribulations) through persevering patience and the Prayer; surely God is with the persevering and patient.” (the Qur’an, al-Baqarah, 2:153)
- What would you advise me to do in order to show patience in the face of illnesses and misfortunes?
- What is salah (prayer)? Why is salah (prayer), which consists of a few acts, is so much important in Islam?
- Are there any supplications (duas) to be patient? Will you give information about the virtue of patience?
- Do we have the right to hurt people? How should we react against the insults and bad deeds that we are exposed to?
- If the Creator does not need our worship, why do we need to worship? Why is salah (prayer), which consists of a few acts, is so much important?
- Is there a hadith meaning ‘My happiness is in prayer’?
- How can we show patience against the issue of which we do not know the hidden side?