Is it right for an engaged couple to talk (about physical relations) before getting married so that they may ease out difficulty?
Submitted by on Thu, 26/02/2009 - 09:01
Dear Brother / Sister,
Affiance is not a marriage agreement, but it is a marriage promise. For this reason, those who engage are foreign to each other and they can not be together unless there is their mahrams (so closely related by blood that marriage with him/her is forbidden). For this reason, even if they are engaged, it is not permissible for them to be together, to look at the private parts of them which are forbidden and to touch each other. And they should pay attention to their speeches.
They have to be careful on some cases when the engaged couples talk to each other on the phone, msn etc...
For example, if they talk about love, gossip, lie, and about any thing that wakens the sexual desires etc... It is absolutely not true.
However, if it is about religious matters that reminds Allah, death, afterdeath and religious feelings and thoughts, certainly it cannot be said that it is forbidden. The criterion should be as mentioned. When you acct in those criterions, we can say that you do not commit sin and you protect yourselves. Also, we advise you to ask your conscience about what you do. If your conscience is not comfortable, give up what you do.
Questions on Islam
- What are the limits for an engaged girl and boy to tell each other their desires?
- Is dowry permissible in Islam? Isn't it a burden on man?
- Is it permissible for me to talk with my fiance via sms before marriage?
- How should engaged people behave when they come together?
- How should engagement and the period of engagement be? What should the criterion for the engaged couple to meet each other be?
- What does Islam says about "chatting"? Is chatting with the opposite sex haram or not?
- Is it permissible to chat with the opposite sex? How does the religion of Islam see flirting and chatting with the opposite sex?
- My Old Girlfriend
- How should we inform our children about sexuality?
- Will you give information about the chemistry of love?