Is it permissible for women to go swimming wearing swimming suits in accordance with tasattur rules?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/04/2016 - 18:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
Firstly, women are not the only people whose body parts that are necessary to be covered are open on the beach; there are also men whose body parts that are necessary to be covered are open. The women can see those men. It is haram for women to look at the body parts of men between their navels and knees.
Secondly, the swimsuits worn by women cover the body but when water touches the swimsuit, the outlines of the body of a woman become distinct; thus, tasattur is not ensured fully. Therefore, it is not permissible to go swimming like this.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible for women to go swimming in the sea?
- Is it a sin to go on holiday to the seaside in summer? We go to the seaside but women and men go swimming together. Is it appropriate for us to be there; is it appropriate for my spouse to swim there?
- Special File Regarding Covering (Tasattur) and Headscarf
- What kind of clothes should women wear (for tasattur)?
- How should a woman’s outside covering be? How should a woman dress according to the code of tasattur in Hanafi madhab?
- Is it permissible for women to wear perfume?
- What should the dressing style of a Muslim woman be like?
- How should a woman’s outside covering be? To what extent can hands and feet be uncovered? How should the head be covered?
- Is it fard (obligatory) for women to cover their heads?
- Women´s Dress