Is it permissible to pray in a house having a dog?
Submitted by on Sun, 23/08/2009 - 01:44
Dear Brother / Sister,
You can live and worship in a house having dog. It is enough for the floor that you perform salah on, to be clean.
Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) says: “Some rewards of a dog raising person that he won for his good deeds decrease everyday except that it is for hunting, for the sheep, or as a guard for gardens or fields.” (Bukhari, Zabaih, 6; Muslim, Musakhat, 46,50,56-58)
Raising dog at home without a necessity like protection or hunting is banned in Islam
For further information about this subject please click on the links given below;
Questions on Islam
- Can we live and worship in a house having dog?
- Are pets ok?
- Is there a drawback in raising dog? Can we raise dog in the garden?
- Is it forbidden to feed dog in Islam?
- Can the answers you give be taken as fatwa?
- Could you please give information about Hunting in Islam?
- What does Islam say about racoons?
- Is it permissible to keep chickens hungry so that they will start laying eggs again?