Is it permissible to kill the animals that harm one's possessions and body?
Submitted by on Mon, 07/03/2016 - 22:41
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is permissible to kill harmful animals; it is also permissible to kill animals like weasels and badgers for their leather and fur, animals like deer and gazelles for their meat. It is also permissible to export the animals whose meat is not permissible to eat except pigs to non-Muslims. (Sharh an-Niqaya)
It is not permissible to kill harmless animals. It is permissible to kill harmful animals without torturing them. (Bariqa)
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to eat food that includes harmful substances?
- Can you list the animals whose meats are Helal to eat?
- Is it necessary to kill an animal that has killed a human being?
- Is it permissible to have my moles surgically removed?
- What are the frequent questions related to sacrificing an animal and their answers?
- What is the sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH) regarding eating?
- As Eid Al Adha Approaches…
- Could you please give information about Hunting in Islam?
- Reading Text: Cleanliness in the Animal Kingdom