Is it permissible to curse murderers who kill innocent people?
Submitted by on Fri, 11/03/2016 - 00:52
Dear Brother / Sister,
Allah has never allowed oppression to continue. When we look at the history of humanity, we see that the oppressing people and states were punished severely for what they had done sooner or later.
We definitely hope that this oppression would end soon and the Muslims would get rid of this oppression.
Besides, the Muslims that die due to oppression die as martyrs. This oppression enables them to gain a happy, eternal life in the hereafter in return for this short, troublesome world life.
Islamic scholars have different views about what people to curse and damn. Some scholars hold the view that it is not permissible to curse and damn Muslims. Others hold the view that it is permissible to curse sinners even if they are Muslims. They also have different ideas about cursing and damning unbelievers.
Some scholars say it is permissible to curse and damn unbelievers unconditionally while others say it is not wajib to curse them hence it is better not to curse and damn them unconditionally. (Fakhruddin ar-Razi, Tefsi al-Kabir Trnsl. III/188; Ibn Majah, Translation and Expalantion, X/148)
Questions on Islam
- Is it a sin to damn and curse sinful believers?
- What are the situations in which it is permissible to kill a person?
- Is it permissible for a Muslim to swear at, curse or damn another Muslim? How should a person react to those who swear at him?
- Did the Prophet (pbuh) curse anyone?
- Is it permissible to damn those who insult Muslims and what is regarded holy by Muslims?
- How should we think about Yazid, Hz. Muawiya's son? How did Yazid become the caliph?
- Is the Quran really based on a divine revelation?
- Are Jews cursed?
- Anarchy and Youth
- The character of Muhammed pbuh and his attitudes