Is it permissible to damn those who insult Muslims and what is regarded holy by Muslims?
Submitted by on Mon, 04/06/2012 - 12:28
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is permissible to damn those who insult Muslims and what is regarded holy by Muslims. However, it is better to pray for them so that they will improve.
A Muslim cannot damn or utter bad words about people who do not insult Islam even if they are not believers.
The religion of Islam is against all kinds of bad deeds and hurting others because Islam tries to make human beings real humans. It takes man to the rank of humanity. Therefore, Islam gives orders that will lead man to all kinds of perfection and beauty; it also forbids the deeds that take people to debauchery and ugliness.
Acting upon those universal rules, we can say that all kinds of acts that offend and disturb others are sins and haram. It is haram to offend Muslims and a person who does so is regarded a sinner. It is forbidden to disturb an unbeliever if he is innocent and sinless. The Prophet (pbuh) said,
“I am the enemy of the person who oppresses a dhimmi. (Non-Muslim) " (al-Hindi, Kanzu’l-Ummal, IV / 618; al-Jamiu’s-Saghir, I / 1210).
It is not permissible to hurt them in any case.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible for a Muslim to swear at, curse or damn another Muslim? How should a person react to those who swear at him?
- Is it permissible to play football and to support a football team?
- What kind of tortures and slanders were inflicted upon the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) by Qurayshi polytheists after he declared his prophethood openly and called people to accept Islam on Safa Hill?
- Do we have the right to hurt people? How should we react against the insults and bad deeds that we are exposed to?
- Is it true to insult a non-muslim?
- What are the rights of a Muslim over other Muslims?
- The Second Phase of the Call: Addressing Makkans on Safa Hill
- How should one answer a person who hurts his feelings among other people and who demoralizes him?
- Could you give some information on nationalism and racism? Is it religiously permissible if I love my nation better than other nations?
- Is it permissible to swear / curse?