I heard that the Prophet never ate watermelons, onions and garlic. Is it true? If so, what are the reasons for not eating them?
Submitted by on Tue, 08/03/2016 - 23:34
Dear Brother / Sister,
Watermelon is among the fruits that the Prophet (pbuh) loved and ate.
It is makruh to go to the mosque after eating raw onions and garlic. For, people may be disturbed due to their bad smell. The Prophet (pbuh) did not generally eat onions and garlic because he was always with people and led prayers. However, we have no information showing that he never ate onions or garlic.
Questions on Islam
- Is it Sunnah to eat a meal before going to bed?
- What is the sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH) regarding eating?
- What is the sunnah way of sitting while eating?
- The Prophet Enters Madinah
- Is it true that eating between times of asr (afternoon) and maghrib (evening) is forbidden? What are the appropriate manners for eating? Could you explain?
- How many rakats are there in a Tarawih prayer according to Sunnah?
- Could you please give information on the nature of Angels, their types and about the importance of belief in them? Why cannot we see them?
- Will you give information about the face and appearance of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?
- What are the Harms of Eating Excessively?
- What advice did the Prophet (PBUH) give us about eating little?