How was the family of the Prophet (pbuh) brought to Makkah from Madinah?
Submitted by on Thu, 04/04/2019 - 11:20
Dear Brother / Sister,
The Prophet had to leave his wife Hazrat Sawda, his daughters Ummu Kulthum, Fatima and Zainab, and his fiancée Hazrat Aisha behind in Mecca when he migrated to Medina.
After Masjid an-Nabawi was completed and the House of Bliss was built next to it, he sent Zaid bin Haritha and Abu Rafi to Mecca to bring them to Medina.
These two companions went to Mecca and took the people mentioned to Medina. Yet they could not take Hazrat Zainab because her husband, who was not a Muslim then, did not allow her to go. Nevertheless, she migrated to Mecca after a while, too. And her husband converted to Islam later.
When they arrived in Medina, people from the Prophet’s household settled in their own rooms and Hazrat Aisha moved into her father’s house.1
1. Tabaqat, 8/62.
Questions on Islam
- What are some important incidents that took place in the first year of the Migration?
- What was the geographical, political and social situation in Madinah like when the Prophet (pbuh) migrated to Madinah?
- When did Hz. Fatima and Hz. Ali get married?
- Will you give information about Musab Bin Umayr?
- How did Hijri calendar start?
- Will you give information about Mariya, the Prophet’s wife?
- Were there any handicapped companions during the time when the Prophet (PBUH) lived? How did the Prophet (pbuh) treat them?
- What are the frequent questions related to sacrificing an animal and their answers?
- How was the body language and speaking style of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?
- Is Hz. Ali a prophet? Will you give information about Hz. Ali?