The Conquest of Mecca
The following is stated in the 27th and 28th verses of surah of al-Fath:
“Ye shall enter the Sacred Mosque, if Allah wills, with minds secure, heads, shaved, hair cut short, and without fear. It is He who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, to proclaim it over all religion: and enough is Allah for a Witness.”
The prophet Muhammad (PBUH) saw a dream while he was in Medina. In that dream, believers were entering the Sacred Mosque securely and circumambulating the Kabaa. Upon this, the Prophet gave this good news to the believers. For, the believers who had migrated from Mecca to Medina had not been able to go to Mecca since then.
Allah revealed the 27th verse of surah of al-Fath as an aid and support by Him and informed that his dream was true; and He stated that believers could enter Mecca if He wished.
Indeed, after a while, at first with the treaty of Hudaybiyyah and then the conquest of Mecca, Muslims entered the Sacred Mosque securely as it is stated in the same verse.
The two news of Ghayb informed by those two verses turned out to be true. Muslims conquered Mecca and the true religion of Islam became triumphant over all religions.
The following should not be forgotten and all verses must be evaluated in this way: Giving the good news of spring at the beginning of spring is easy. What is difficult is giving the good news of spring in the middle of winter. The news of the Qur’an is like giving the good news of spring in the middle of winter.
For, Muslims were so weak and few in number at the time when these verses were revealed. They were forced to migrate; and as a result, they left their homeland and properties. They came to Mecca from Medina in order to visit the Kaaba but they returned to Medina since Meccan polytheists did not allow this.
In such turmoil, the Qur’an informed the following and what the Qur’an indicated turned out to be true; “They will enter the Kaaba securely and Islam is going to be triumphant over all religions.”
- The Conquest of Mecca
- The News of Ghayb From The Qur’an is now available in HD format!
- The Protection of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) by Allah
- The Death of Abu Lahab on disbelief (Kufr)
- The Holy Qur’an; the Preserved Book
- Audible Content
- Does Allah inform anybody whom He wishes about ghayb (unknown/unseen)?
- On what practices is Islamic law of war based?
- The slander that Allah does not know the deeds that man will do..
- How serious does our religion take our dreams? How should we evaluate our dreams for the real life and the future? Is it all right to take action upon a dream?