How should one pray in order to have a righteous (good) child (for a child that will be born and after he is born)?
What prayers (duas) can be read for a child that will be born and after he is born? How can one pray to Allah in order to make that child a righteous (good) child?
Submitted by on Tue, 24/04/2018 - 16:02
Dear Brother / Sister,
In order to have a righteous child, it is necessary first to feed that child with halal food and to give him a full religious education beginning from a very young age. They are actual prayers. In addition, you can pray as you wish.
When a child is born, a person who has good religious knowledge is invited as soon as possible. He holds the child and reads adhan into his right ear and iqamah into his left ear. Then, he prays as follows:
"O Allah! Make this child grow as a nice sapling in the field of Islam; make him eternal and constant in Islamic life."
Meanwhile, the mother and the father look at the child and say the following prayer, which Hz. Ibrahim said by looking at Ismail and Ishaq:
"Alhamdulillahilladhi wahaba li alal-kibari Ismaila wa Ishaq. Inna Rabbi lasamiud-dua." Praise be to Allah, Who hath granted unto me in old age Ismail and Isaac: for truly my Lord is He, the Hearer of Prayer)
Questions on Islam
- What prayer should we recite in order to have a good child?
- Is there a hadith regarding reciting adhan to the ear of a newborn baby? Will you mention a resource, event, etc about it? (How did it start and who started it?)
- Why are our prayers not accepted? What is the reason for a prayer not to be accepted?
- Prophet Ismail [Ishmael] (Peace be upon him)
- Prophet Ibrahim [Abraham] (Peace be upon him)
- Will you give information about the life of Hz. Ismail (Ishmael) (pbuh)?
- Some people say Hz. Ibrahim's son that he wanted to sacrifice was Hz. Ishaq. How true is it?
- Could you please give information about “Salah” from the time of prophets up to now? Did other prophets and their Ummahs (community) perform salah?
- How are the ways of saying prayers (making dua) in verses and hadiths?