Had Ishaq been born while Hz. Ismail was being taken away to be sacrificed, or was Sarah pregnant with Ishaq?
Submitted by on Thu, 03/12/2015 - 18:15
Dear Brother / Sister,
As far as we know, when Hz. Ismail was taken away to be sacrificed, Hz. Ishaq had been born. According to some narrations, Hz. Ishaq was also there and was crying together with his father. (see Tabari, as-Saffat, the interpretation of verse 102)
Questions on Islam
- Will you give information about the life of Hz. Ismail (Ishmael) (pbuh)?
- Prophet Ibrahim [Abraham] (Peace be upon him)
- Prophet Ismail [Ishmael] (Peace be upon him)
- Prophet Yunus [Jonah] (Peace be upon him)
- What are the frequent questions related to sacrificing an animal and their answers?
- Prophet Ilyas [Elijah] (Peace be upon him)
- If it is an order of Allah to Hz. Ibrahim to sacrifice his son, does Allah give up His order and decree?
- How did the incident of the Prophet's father, Abdullah, being vowed to be sacrificed take place?
- Will you give information about Mariya, the Prophet’s wife?
- Some people say Hz. Ibrahim's son that he wanted to sacrifice was Hz. Ishaq. How true is it?