How is prayer and fasting performed in space (and in poles)?
Submitted by on Tue, 20/11/2018 - 08:57
Dear Brother / Sister,
Scholars were asked about the issues like the ones in the question: "How will prayer and fasting be performed in in poles?" The decree on issues like that is generally given as follows:
Related to the deeds of worshipping like prayer and fasting, whose times are certain, if the time for them does not exist in the place where we are, we need to act according to the times of the countries that we are in the same meridian or if we are in space, according to the time of Makkah.
The qiblah for a person in space is the direction where the world is.
Questions on Islam
- Is it not useless and impossible to kill an apostate (murtad)?
- Are there any things that were rendered haram by Hadiths?
- It is said that there is no qada (missed) prayer in the Quran and hence there is no prayer called qada prayer. Is it true? Will you explain it with fiqh evidences?
- Were there any handicapped companions during the time when the Prophet (PBUH) lived? How did the Prophet (pbuh) treat them?
- Will you give information about Hz. Maryam's birth? They say Maryam has an interesting creation like the miraculous creation of Hz. Isa, her son. Where was Hz. Maryam born? How long did she live?
- Is it haram to do shopping/business at the time of Friday prayer?
- What are the ways of protection from Satan?
- What kind of a balance should be established between enjoying and abandoning worldly pleasures?
- What are the hadiths of the Prophet about commerce and commercial ethics?
- What should we do so as not to lose our belief?