How is prayer and fasting performed in space (and in poles)?
Submitted by on Tue, 20/11/2018 - 08:57
Dear Brother / Sister,
Scholars were asked about the issues like the ones in the question: "How will prayer and fasting be performed in in poles?" The decree on issues like that is generally given as follows:
Related to the deeds of worshipping like prayer and fasting, whose times are certain, if the time for them does not exist in the place where we are, we need to act according to the times of the countries that we are in the same meridian or if we are in space, according to the time of Makkah.
The qiblah for a person in space is the direction where the world is.
Questions on Islam
- The Kaaba is on the earth. If we prayed in the space, how would we pray?
- Will you give information about Allah’s establishing on the throne (arsh)?
- How can the reality of being in many places at the same time be understood? Will you give information about luminosity, which is a dimension of existence?
- Abdullah bin Rawaha (r.a.)
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Did the Prophet (pbuh) ever miss any prayers and perform qada (missed) prayers?
- I AM GAZA!
- There are some people who claim that belief in qadar does not exist in the Quran and that it was added to hadiths afterwards. What is the source of belief in qadar?
- How can we answer those who say it is not written in the Quran that women who are in menstruation and puerperium cannot perform fasting and prayers?
- Fasting is a complete golden recipe for the fitness and health of the body