How can we know whether Allah (SWT) is pleased with us?
How can we know whether Allah (SWT) is pleased with us? How can we know our rank in the presence of Allah or whether we are good or bad slaves while living?
Submitted by on Tue, 29/03/2011 - 11:47
Dear Brother / Sister,
Being a faithful person means living a life that Allah is pleased with. As loving Allah (SWT) and knowing that He is pleased with us is something abstract, it is difficult to understand it. A person can say, “I love Allah (SWT)”. However, as this is an expression of our feeling, we should show this with our actions.
On the other hand, is Allah pleased with us? What kind of servants are we in His sight? They are issues that are difficult to comprehend. There should be a way to understand it.
In the following verse, our Creator, Allah, informs us both the way of making sense of our love for Him (SWT) and understanding whether He is pleased with us or not:
“O Muhammad say: If ye do love Allah, follow me: Allah will love you.” (Surah Aal-e-Imran, 3/31)
If you pay attention, you will see that the indicator of our love for Allah (SWT) is living Islam by following the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). If we live a life by following our prophet, we can easily say that Allah loves us.
For example, how is your love for your parents understood? If you perform their wishes and leave what they do not love, then your love for them is understood. Even if they do not utter this, we can understand that they love us, too. If just the opposite is the case and you say; “I do not do what do they say but, look at my heart, I love them very much”, how can you convince others?
So, Allah (SWT) created our prophet as a model and He showed the examples of all kinds of beauties on him. Then, He said, 'if you love Me, follow Prophet Muhammad, whom I sent you as a messenger. In this case, you can understand that I love you.'
To sum up: The indication of Allah’s love for us is how much we resemble Prophet Muhammad. We can decide according to this.
The Qur’an and the Sunnah (All traditions and practices of Muhammad, PBUH) is a guidance for all humanity including you and us. That is, following the Qur’an and Sunnah, taking them as a guide and reading the books about belief by contemplating. That is, if you can find books on belief which is about the Qur’an or be with the people who contemplate and comment on these subject on belief and benefit from them, this would be useful both for your world and the hereafter.
Praying five daily prayers on time, avoiding to commit major sins and performing the tasbihat (Reciting the following: "Subhanallah" ("Glory be to Allah") 33 times, "Allahamdu Lillah" ("Praise be to Allah") - 33 times, and "Allahu Akbar" ("Allah is greatest") - 33 times) after the end of each obligatory prayer will enable you to develop spiritually.
Questions on Islam
- How can we understand that Allah is pleased with us? How can we understand now, when we are alive, our degree in the eye of Allah and whether we are good or bad slaves?
- How can we understand whether Allah loves us? Do the troubles that we have show that Allah does not like us?
- What is the criterion of uttering one's love for Allah?
- Why does Allah (SWT) love His slaves?
- How did our Prophet (pbuh) treat his wives?
- What purpose does Prophet Moses’ have by using these words in his prayer; "O my Lord! Expand me my breast, Ease my task for me. And remove the impediment from my speech. So they may understand what I say:”? (Surah Taha, 20/25-28)
- Could you please give information on the nature of Angels, their types and about the importance of belief in them? Why cannot we see them?
- Will ahl al-kitab (The people of the book) enter paradise?
- Learning of which sciences gain us the reward (thawab) of worshipping?
- Satan believes in Allah, Does he love Allah?