How can we beautify our prayers?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 21:36
Dear Brother / Sister,
Beautifying prayers is possible with tadil al-arkan. The rule of complying to tadil al-arkan is made up of waiting long enough to say "Subhanallah" between rukns (Ali al Qari, Risale fi'l-has ala ta'dili arkan fis-salat, vr. 128a; Tahtawi, Hashiya ala Maraqi'l Falah, Istanbul, 1985, p 201). Accordingly, for example it is necessary to stand still long enough at least to say "subhanallah" while standing upright after returning from ruku and later on going to sajdah (prostration) and to sit between sajdahs (prostrations) long enough to say "subhanallah".
According to the narration of Abu Hurayrah (RA), one day the prophet (PBUH) entered the mosque. At that moment, a man entered the mosque and prayed. After that, he came over the Prophet and saluted him. And then, the prophet said: "Go and pray because you did not pray". (Bukhari, Ayman, 15; Tirmidhi, Salat, 110, Isti'dhan, 4; Nasai, Istiftah, 7. Tatbiq, 15, Sahw, 67; Ibn Majah, Iqama, 72). In another hadith, the prophet (PBUH) said; "Complete the ruku and sajdahs (prostrations)" (Bukhari, Ayman, 3; Muslim, Salat, III; Nasai, Tatbiq, 16,60). In another narration, he said; Perform ruqus and sajdahs properly" (Ahmad b. Hanbal Musnad, II, 234, 319, 505).
Questions on Islam
- Does a quick prostration invalidate the prayer?
- What is ta'dil al-arkan?
- Is it permissible to perform prayers by sitting on a chair? Do people perform prayers on chairs because it is easier?
- DOING NAMAZ BY SITTING ON CHAIR ALLOWED?
- Could you please give information about “Qiraah” (reading/reciting the Quran)?
- What are the situations that necessitate sajdah as-sahw? Is it necessary to perform sajdah as-sahw in sunnah prayers?
- How is Sajda as-Sahw performed and how should one keep his index finger during tashahhud according to sunnah?
- How many fards (obligations) are there in salah (prayer) and what are they?
- Does lifting the foot from the ground while in prostration invalidate prayer? Is it necessary to keep the big toe of the right foot on the ground during prostration only or throughout the prayer?
- Sajdah as-Sahw